Tuesday, January 15, 2008

gathered pullover

I received the perfect amount of yarn in the perfect color for the gathered pullover at Christmas. The yarn (brown sheep "top of the lamb")that it calls for is super well priced so i was curious to find out if it was as itchy as its cousin, brown sheep "lambs pride." i was very pleasantly surprised to find that it is no where near as itchy, likely due to the fact that it is mohair free. it's just 100% wool. wool has the kind of regular itchiness that i don't mind, but the little random pokes from mohair really get to me.

so here is the gathered pullover thus far.

it rolls a lot. a lot. a formal blocking will be necessary on this sweater. i'm soooo in love with that little braid/knot/cable in the center! it was fun to knit and actually got my husband to say "wow, that's impressive"

i know.

the color "appletree" is probably my favorite part of this sweater right now. every time i pick up the sweater to knit i'm like "wow, i love this color" it's a lovely green with a nice bit of blue hue in it and it's so. pretty.

right now i'm singing the praises of this lovely sweater, but i haven't tried it on, and i'm beginning to wonder if maybe it's coming out a little...large? we'll find out soon enough...

14 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mari said...

love the color. Nice job!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Ohhh, I am SO excited to see you finish this. I keep thinking about making it but have put it off. The color is fab.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger pamela said...

looks great, bring it to knitting next time :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh I love the color of this! I'm always afraid to knit anything in color, but I really love this!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Great color - I hope it fits!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Elinor said...

Oh, I hope it fits! The color is beautiful!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Looking good! i think that color is going to be great on you.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks lovely so far!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Who wouldn't love that color? It is fabulous, and is going to look great on that sweater.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

The color is gorgeous and I've been wanting to knit this forever! I can't wait till I can start on it.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a pretty color!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

oh my, that is going to be gorgeous! i adore the color!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Happily Knit said...

That color is stunning--it's one of my favorites!! I can't wait to see once it's finished :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Susan said...

That's an intense amount of cables! The color's so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home