Wednesday, June 27, 2007

summer knitting

it gets hot, you know, in the summer. wool is not always conducive to knitting, but noro, who can pass up the noro?

the noro wanted to be knitted. it wanted to be a purse with a liner.


it wanted to become my new favorite thing ever.


the purse looks good with everything. including vegetation.

specs:
yarn: noro kureyon #95
Needles: size 10.5 bamboo
pattern: counterpane carpet bag from handknit holidays
mods: none
notions: from joanne's fabric

i loved knitting this purse. i had forgotton how much i loved noro and i enjoyed every stitch of this. in fact, i may make another one in a different colorway.

in other summer knitting news: cotton!


this is the petal bib from one skein by leigh radford. it's made with mission falls 1824 cotton and it was a fun, quick knit for the same baby that's getting the EZ baby sweater. thank goodness for cotton in the summer. it wicks away any sweat on my hands when i knit. such a great fiber!

i just bought some silk stainless and merino from habu textiles to make the kushu kushu scarf. the light airiness of the yarns make it good for summer knitting too!

that silk stainless stuff is rad. you can crunch the knitting up and it stays shaped because of the stainless steel thread that runs through it. so. cool.

oh summer, you are good to me.

14 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purse too!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger pamela said...

That bag is the cutest ever! You did an amazing job on it and the lining is perfect. It was great seeing you this evening. Happy 4th of July!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Billy Badger said...

That is the cutest bag and I can't wait to get started on mine (must finish some other bits first though).
Thank you so much for posting the details and enabling me to buy the book etc. Yours is so great well done.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

That purse is so awesome!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Gorgeous -- the Noro really does look wonderful in that pattern! Great job on the bib, and the scarf sounds really cool...

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

You are so right! the purse is adorable! i really love it :)
I have had my eye on that pattern for so long... I should just drop everything and make it!

Great Habu too :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger tinypaula said...

oh my GOD, the purse looks beautiful! and so does its creator. love love love the picture of you in the black dress! the purse is freakin' fabulous, but you're still my favorite part of knitting.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

sorry I don't know you, but I had to comment! the colors of Kureyon that you chose look so beautiful! that fabric for the liner is really cute, too. show it off as much as you can ;)

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bag is FAB! And I must say, you are rocking it too.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

That purse is so gorgeous. I love it. You don't ever knit anything ugly do you?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger amanda said...

What a cute purse!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger pamela said...

I'll be needing your tres chic advice on yarn Weds. ~pam

P.S. The mini knitters will be joining us. I think they're hooked.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger pamela said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purse. I picture it on my arm....want my address?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home