Sunday, June 10, 2007

knitting with p&p

the husband is away which means the chick-flicks came out. I had a "p&p" and "clueless" fest while i knit today.

the knitting station:

the boob tube:

The WIP:

(counterpane purse from handknit holidays in noro kureyon #95)

The FO:


Specs:
Pattern: february sweater from knitters almanac, EZ
Yarn: rowan wool cotton
Needles: size 6
mods: i increased the stitches and pattern to attempt to adjust for the gauge but it made the sweater an odd shape.

babies are oddly shaped though, right?

the yarn is pretty and soft. hopefully it will fit the recipient!


it's probably going to be too big in the body and too short in the arms. what if it doesn't fit her until she's 3? ah, oh well. i'll probably knit up some baby socks to make myself feel better about it. ha!

12 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Your counterpane bag is gorgeous (love the colors with that pattern), and the baby sweater is beautiful!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

I love the colors of your bag. And yes babies are oddly shaped so it will fit the little one fine I bet.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Billy Badger said...

Love the look of the counterpane purse, fantastic colours.
Just browsed Amazon and the book dropped into my basket...now how did that happen.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Billy Badger said...

Me again, sorry! Would Noro sik garden work too and how many balls have you used. Thanks

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

I love that counterpane! My husband has been away this weekend too, so I watched all the foreign films he won't watch with me :)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Billy Badger said...

Thanks Rachel, just have to wait for the book to come and put it in line with my other 'to do' items that seems to grow much quicker than I knit!
Did you read the Stashing Up post?
Ho hum

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your projects - so very pretty! Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, you weekend sounds perfect. LOVE the counterpane bag--I haven't seen any other done done with self-striping yarn.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ah! I love P&P! I'm listening to the audiobook right now in the car and I'm on the last disk. Mr. Darcy just proposed! It took all that was in me to leave my car this morning and walk into the office.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Cute sweater, isnt that pattern just great? Love the color.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Billy Badger said...

Handknit Holidays has arrived and as well as the Counterpane there are lots of other things to tempt me too. Decisions, decisions!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Kara said...

What a dreamy way to spend the day. I love the counterpane carpet bag. It is such a fun pattern to knit up.

The baby sweater is adorable. I hope it fits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home