Sunday, February 18, 2007

bandwagons and how i hop on them

cool knitters have cool heart rate monitors.

i have hopped on that bandwagon. yup, that same exact heart rate monitor is now mine. it matches my running shoes. i'm not really trying to lose weight so much as get cardiovascularly in shape. i rarely exercise and i know that now is the time to get into the habit while i'm still young. that heart rate monitor is really a motivator. i love it!

anyway, after i finished clementine, i was still aching for some top-down raglan action. i cast on and ripped through most of the body for something red. (i'm using cascade luna in sprout #713)

(weird bathroom/mirror shot, i know, but i was not into the whole tripod/self-timer/weirding out the neighbors thing at the time.)

i fully dig how the design makes the ribbing flare out toward the bottom. excellent design element and it's slimming too.


i have had to put this project down for a while and i'm forcing myself to hurry up and finish my CPH already. i'll be going to NYC for a few days in mid-march and i want to take a picture of CPH in Central Park. i mean c'mon, you have to. the back and one and a half fronts are finished. i'm going to try to be monogomous with it when i'm home, but my jaywalkers will stay my project during school hours.

for my friend's birthday we painted ceramics. i'm not much of an artist so i had to think of something to paint beforehand. i decided on this knit/purl logo for a coffee mug. the heart mug was chosen because i painted it near Valentine's day. i like it, but it's kind of hard to tell what it says.

it's nice and large and holds plenty of coffee. i used it while i watched pride and prejudice and knit on the CPH.

i finished one of the hedera socks a while ago but i haven't gotten started on the second.


this photo is not true to it's color, it's much more teal than blue. the sock looks lovely on the foot and it's very cozy. this yarn however, frog tree alpaca fingering weight, is just a little too slippery and fuzzy for my liking.

6 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! You are going to love the HR monitor. I am obsessed with mine. It makes me feel so much better about each of my workouts. Also, all your knits are looking fab--you have tons going on it looks like.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is gorgeous! It is a very interesting, lovely color.
Lucky!! I just love NYC. I've only visited once, but it was so awesome.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the logo on your mug. There's a real nice symmetry to the two words which are different but have of the same shapes. It looks like a reflection. Very creative.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger pamela said...

I just love that green sweater! It looks great on you. Speaking of bandwagons...i've got to try out the top down raglan one of these days myself.

Glad you liked the crown. It was a blast to make.

See ya Wednesday!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger (tracy) said...

haha that sock kind of looks like a knitted thong the way you took the picture

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

OK ....it's crazy Libbysmom again. I was going to email you so I might only look carzy to you and not everybody else. I have just spent the WHOLE morning looking at your entire blog. We could totally be BFFs. First I want to know what happened to your self striping socks? Those were going to be cute. Second, what are you going to school for? I sure do wish I finished college. So whatever you do Don't stop and WAIT to have kids later. If you say, Oh Im just going to take a break it may turn into not going back. And I do agree, the animal fibers and upperend yarns do knit better and feel soooooo good. I was just trying to make myself feel better. Im using up my yarn stash and then want to start buying some nicer things. My problem is that I have to get use to buying yarn on-line. Now when you got those color cards was it because you bought yarn because that is always one of my fears, not getting the color I wanted. Im not going to let myself buy anymore yarn until Im all done with what I have..I swear..I want to be one of those people that can do one project at a time, Do they exist? Ok...more stalking later.Don't forget to post(tick tick)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home