Thursday, January 04, 2007

i'm knitting a lot of socks these days

so my brother finally sent some photos of the socks and the odessa hat...



specs:
Needles: clover dpns size 2
Yarn: bambino ull some navy blue color
Pattern: basic ribbed version of the yarn harlot's basic sock



specs:
Needles: clover 12" circs size 4 and 6 and clover size 6 dpns
Yarn: Rowan cashsoft dk, some off white color
Pattern: odessa

I've also been working on hedera for my new SIL, jenny



i'm using frog tree alpaca in a fingering weight. it's a little too thin for my size 2 needles but i kind of doubt my SIL will wear them enough to wear them out. but who knows.

i had a pretty sweet christmas and santa told my mom that i needed this



and this



so i made some of these



and i started this



it's monkey. cookie is a genius at sock patterns that intrigue me. pomotomomotatomomus is on the list too.

that's pretty much it for now.


oh, also, i got straight As this fall semester. i was so happy i ate a pint of ben and jerry's phish food. now i feel less happy and more fat. meh.

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore Cookie's sock patterns! I just have to get up the nerve to try one =D

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the model you used to display your talented hat creation. By the way that is really a nice hat. I like the beads too.

I recognize those hairy legs wearing those nice wool socks. Boy "Pub Hair" I mean, "Poo Bear" has really grown up.

I'm very proud of you Rachel

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Made me smile first thing ... you are hysterical!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home