Saturday, May 27, 2006

variety hour

first, before i forget, i've finished a sock!



it really fits my foot. amazing.



actually having the finished sock almost makes me want to knit the other one. almost. we'll have to see how i feel about that once i've cast on and started the ribbing for sock #2. i actually found the toe grafting to be quite fun. well, fun for sock knitting.

i also bought some yarn. it's life purpose is a secret until june 18th. (let's see if the smart ones know why...)



during a team meeting at work, i could not control the urges i had to doodle. then i doodled this sweater. i'm really starting to like it.



bulky alpaca blend yarn on size 11 needles or something along those lines. it has potential.

i had my first Britex Fabrics experience and i was quite overwhelmed. i don't know what i was thinking when i heard it was a four story shop. maybe something like "oh, that's cool" but in real life it's evokes a "my God, this is what heaven must look like" reaction. I went with my mom and paula and we were all in for a surprise.

Floor 1



bolts upon bolts of every color imaginable. in the center there were tons of designer fabrics and hand-beaded patterns on precious silk. quite impressive, and quite expensive. me = cheap. so i went upstairs.

Floor 2



upholstry fabrics galore. paula didn't know what to do with herself.



up the stairs we went to...

Floor 3

this one made me weak in the knees.



i have never seen so many buttons before. this floor had notions galore. this is where i laid down the plastic. it was worth it.

Floor 4

SALE!!!



everything up there was on sale! unfortunately, my small budget only got me some scraps of the scraps. SF is expensive. bummer.

here's the best news yet. i'm getting a puppy!!!!!!! i've picked her out, she's a long-haired dachshund and she's only two weeks old. i'll bring her home in about 5 weeks.



i'm in love.

4 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna be a *DOGma*. (That's grandma to a DOG). I'm so excited and she is so pretty. Nessie or Nessy? Either way she's beautiful as is her precious momma. I love you and LOVE your blog!
-Mom

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in germany iss this a "Dackel" and its sweet =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home